It’s an unwritten rule that thou shalt not release your film around a biggie. This is especially when your film is quite a big film in itself. That’s why, you usually see the week after and before the release of a biggie is usually empty and sans any major release. For instance, there was no release at all last week since a week before that, the much-awaited Sanju had hit screens.
But all these rules are going to go out of the window in the last two months of the year. Believe it or not, there will be seven big-budget flicks releasing almost back to back in these months. This was known even before but now with India’s biggest film 2.0 announcing its date as November 29, the scenario has become quite ugly.
The period of madness will begin on Diwali day when Thugs Of Hindostan will release on Wednesday November 7. Starring Aamir Khan, Amitabh Bachchan, Katrina Kaif and Fatima Sana Shaikh, this period action entertainer promises to be high on scale, action and entertainment. Aamir has a lot of credibility and enjoys the trust of the audience. As a result, it is expected to perform very well at the box office.
The week after that won’t see a release. But on November 23, Tiger Shroff and Karan Johar’s first collaboration would be out, Student Of The Year 2. This time, he’s paired with two newbie hotties – Ananya Panday and Tara Sutaria. Tiger has gone on another level with his last film, Baaghi 2. Student Of The Year 2 would definitely get the advantage of the Baaghi 2 factor.
The last weekend of November is when the big clash will take place. The long-in-the-making 2.0, the sequel to the 2010 hit Robot, will be out. Starring Rajinikanth, Akshay Kumar and Amy Jackson, it is touted as India’s most expensive film. The VFX and action should be top-class and hence, it has chances to be the biggest grosser of the year. The other release of that week would be Kedarnath, which also has been delayed and faced numerous issues. It stars Sushant Singh Rajput in the male lead and the female lead is by debutant Sara Ali Khan. This movie is also mounted on a big scale. But a clash with 2.0 would prove detrimental to its box office prospects. It remains to be seen if the makers change the release date or stay put.
December would begin on a fun note with the release of Total Dhamaal. It is the third part of the Dhamaal franchise but this time, the series has undergone a bit of a change. Sanjay Dutt and Ashish Chowdhry are missing. Arshad Warsi, Jaaved Jaaferi and Riteish Deshmukh are back and they are joined by Ajay Devgn, Madhuri Dixit and Anil Kapoor! The star cast is exciting and if the film turns out to be a fun-filled, clean comic caper, it can emerge as a huge success, even grossing Rs 100 crore.
December 14 is empty as of now and on December 21, Shah Rukh Khan would finally unveil his ambitious project Zero. Co-starring Katrina Kaif and Anushka Sharma and Salman Khan in a special appearance, the film has already generated excitement thanks to SRK’s dwarf avatar, song with Salman and the entertainment quotient. It’s a film that can bring back the respect for Shah Rukh which he lost with the colossal debacle of Jab Harry Met Sejal.
Finally, December 28 will see the release of Simmba, Ranveer Singh’s massiest film till date. Directed by Rohit Shetty, this flick should have the crazy fun moments of Shetty’s Golmaal series as well as some hard-hitting, intense sequences a la Singham.
All these films have the potential to be huge grossers. But with so many of them releasing in such a short period of time, they can eat into each other’s business. It remains to be seen if this arrangement would remain or whether better sense would prevail and the film’s releases would be postponed.
The FIFA fever is on and fans are going crazy worldwide for the FIFA World Cup 2018. As of now some of the popular teams like Germany, Portugal, Spain, Argentina are out of the tournament which is a big upset for the fans. Although India is not a part of the tournament, football is much-celebrated sport in the country and our Bollywood actors are no less. Actors actively support and promote football in India, some of them are:
1. Abhishek Bachchan: Abhishek Bachchan is a big football fan and passionately supports Chelsea FC. He is a regular visitor of the club, can be spotted at the Stamford Bridge every opportunity he gets. And he successfully convinced father Amitabh Bachchan to join the blue army. Junior Bachchan was even presented with the club jersey from CEO, Peter Kenyon. He also owns his own football club named Chennaiyin FC in Indian Super League.
2. Ranbir Kapoor: Ranbir is a self-declared Barcelona and Lionel Messi fan. He has even visited the Camp Nou in 2011 when he was given a tour of the stadium and met the Barca first-team stars. He is often seen at charity football matches in Mumbai. He also co-owns a football club in ISL, named Mumbai City. Recently, post Sanju’s release he played the game with cousins Armaan and Aadar Jain.
3. Arjun Kapoor: Boney Kapoor’s son is an avid Chelsea fan and often can be found cheering for his team on Twitter. A couple of months back, he had the chance to live the dream of almost every football fan, to meet Cristiano Ronaldo, in Madrid. Also, last year he became the co-owner of FC Pune City in ISL.
4. Kartik Aaryan: Young, rising star Kartik Aaryan is an ardent football player apart from being a wonderful actor. Last year he sponsored a football centre in his hometown Gwalior and he is an active member of the All Star Football Club, which organises football matches for charity. Along with other teammates, including Ranbir Kapoor, Arjun Kapoor and Dhadak director Shashank Khaitan among others, he was scheduled to play a charitable football match in Singapore on April 22. However, Aaryan didn’t play the match due to injuries.
5. Aditya Roy Kapur: Aditya is passionate about football, he takes time out every weekend to play football with other celebrities. It’s been his favourite sport since childhood and now he plays the sport almost every Sunday with his friend Ranbir Kapoor at St. Andrews Ground, Bandra.
6. Dino Morea: Dino is a big football lover and never misses any opportunity to play the game. He even took part in football matches while he was in school and in college. He took the task of advocating fitness in Mumbai into his own hands, in 2014, by introducing DM Fitness Centres. He also plays football for charity as a team member of All Star Football Club.
7.Ranveer Singh: Ranveer is a passionate football fan and helps promote the Premier League to fans in India and globally. He is a lifelong supporter of Arsenal FC and closely follows Premier League action throughout the season. The Premier League is committed to supporting the development of the game at both a grassroots and elite level in India and has been running the international community programme Premier Skills there since 2007. He showed his support for Arsenal in his usual exuberant way with number “69” printed on the back of his Arsenal jersey, in 2015.
8. John Abraham: Parmaanu actor John Abraham is obsessed with football, he even captained the football team in school and college, and played ‘A’ Division football, as a pacy centre-forward. He owns an Indian Super League football team named NorthEast Untied. He also portrayed his football skills in a Bollywood film called ‘Dhan Dhana Dhan Goal’ which got mixed reviews from the audience.